Returns Policy - The Base Warehouse
Change of mind
Please choose carefully as refunds are not provided where you have simply changed your mind or made a wrong selection. We recommend you carefully check all items prior to purchase.
If you have a minor problem with a product, The Base Warehouse can choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund.
Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product originally supplied. Refunds should be the same amount you have already paid, provided in the same form as your original payment.
The business may consider how much time has passed since you bought the product with the following factors in mind:
- Type of product
- How a consumer is likely to use the product
- The length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- The amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
All issues should be addressed with us within 7 days of purchase and receiving your goods. Proof of purchase will be required when requesting to return any item. In the case that a refund is offered, there is a 20% restocking fee.
Goods on which a return is not available
Due to hygienic reasons, The Base Warehouse will not accept the return of items from the following categories under any circumstances:
- Cosmetics (if the hygiene seal is broken)
- Beauty products
- Costumes & Morph Suits
- Food items
What is considered a major problem with a product?
A product has a major problem when:
- It has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- It is significantly different from the sample or description
- It doesn’t do what the product stated it would do, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- Got what you asked for but simply changed your mind or decided you do not like the purchase or had no use for it
- Miss-used a product in any way that caused the problem
- It doesn’t do what the product stated it would do, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed.Asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted
The Base Warehouse reserves the right to:
Assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair; exchange or refund being refused.
What happens if I make an order and some items are out of stock?
We pick and pack our online order from our Gregory Hills store which is also our head office for The Base Warehouse. Unfortunately sometimes items that are ordered online may be out of stock. If you order some items that are out of stock The Base Warehouse will contact you and offer you the most similar substitute or a refund for the out of stock items. If we do not hear back from you after 3 days of the order being placed we will refund the items that are out of stock and pack and ship out the items that are in stock. If you purchase via our website you agree to these terms and conditions.